The Great Palace of Worship
Almighty God has called and destined Pastor James David Manning to stand on this magnificent stage to reach the leaders of this world. This palace with its ornate beauty, splendor, and presence of God will attract leaders in the field of ministry, politics, education, and worship to seek a Word from the Lord. The Great Palace of Worship inspired by the power of Almighty God working through the teachings of Pastor James David Manning, will be the platform used to preach the healing and cleansing power in the blood of the Lord Jesus Christ to the nations of the world.
An Open Letter to Bishop James David Manning
I write out of concern about the many viral, poisonous, and provocative videos posted on your website as well as youtube.com. After prayerfully reviewing the clips sent to me by others, I reviewed the website maintained by your organization and was disturbed by the level of toxicity and venom from which few are spared. What I did notice lacking was any biblical basis for your vicious videos.
For example, the attack on Bishop TD Jakes and other men who dance in the Holy Spirit misrepresents the presence and power of the Holy Ghost. Your position is that there is no basis for men to dance in such a way; however, we lack visual documentation of ancient praise and worship services and fellowships so this is your personal determination which lacks biblical support.
- 2 Samuel 6 - David leaped and danced with such joy until he came out of his clothes. King David was a man who praised God without pretense and God rewarded King David for his unabashed love and public displays of joy in the Lord.
Multiple presentations deride Senator Barack Obama and personally attack him. This sir is a breach of Christian conduct. Jesus provides us with barometers to examine our attitudes, behaviors, and conversations to determine if we are abiding with Him or aiding and abetting the enemy. The simplest of these is found 1 John 3:14 - We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not [his] brother abideth in death.
You must understand sir, that irregardless of how any Christian feels about Barack Obama...to attack his parentage or any other personal trait without basis is a reflection of our spiritual immaturity. Barack Obama has confessed the Lord Jesus Christ as his LORD and Savior and none of us is able to judge him as anything less than a servant of Christ.
NOTE: Jesus Christ selected the twelve disciples and prior to Judas revealing himself as the ultimate betrayer he was known as a thief - yet there is no biblical indication that Jesus nor the other disciples disparaed the man, his mother, or his motive in other matters in such a vicious and vile manner as you have done to Senator Obama. (John 12:4-6).
I am in no means insinuating or implying that Senator Obama lacks integrity; however, I am sharing this scripture to demonstrate that even when a believer is wrong there is a way to correct without castigating.
Ignorance is not bliss. Arrogance is in opposition with love and grace. Ignorance and arrogance are a dangerous combination; when these evil elements are mixed and vehemently spewed from behind a pulpit they become toxic seeds that breed dissension, distrust, and deep rooted poison veiled as prophetic preaching.
The Bible teaches to avoid the imbecelic rantings that mark the immature Christian and miniature intellectuctual. However, there is a time when we must stand and rebuke those who transgress so that others will not follow the moronic message. This is especially true when the one engaging in this viral lunacy misrepresents himself as minister of the Christian gospel.After reviewing the video clips, studying the Word, and praying...I am fully persuaded now is the time to present this corrective communication.
I publicly present this letter because you have engaged in a public tirade disguised as preaching and teaching. Sadly, I must disavow the videos provide any beneficial content or exposition. Indeed, it appears to be a most selfish indulgence of personal pettiness and public attention-seeking veiled with the pageantry and venacular of religious tradition. Sadly, many look at these clips and fault Christ and the Body of Christ - if I must - I shall be the voice of reason seeking to restore you and reconcile you, if that if your desire.
Work hard so God can approve you. Be a good worker, one who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly explains the word of truth. Avoid godless, foolish discussions that lead to more and more ungodliness. 2 Timothy 2:15 - 16
- dereliction of duty - the key responsibility of one called to preach is teach and preach the uncompromised gospel to the glory of God and edification of the people of God. Preaching is a privilege and responsibility that requires prayerful and purposeful interaction with God. Preachers must sacrifice preferences and prejudices to immerse themselves in the Word of God and allow the Holy Spirit to reveal unto them the will of God. Your attacks on Obama have not been supported by scripture and do not reveal the love of Christ of fruit of the Holy Spirit.
- distracton of the Body of Christ - the Body of Christ is called to work to fulfill the will of God. Review Ephesians 4:17-32, and pray for the Holy Spirit to teach you and give you and understanding of this passage. Be especially mindful of Ephesians 4:29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. When you speak those things which do not glorify God or edify the people of God you do the Body a disservice. Time spent carrying out the Great Commission now must be spent clarifying the confusion and chaos you have presented. Before you engage in mental masturbation from the pulpit to satisfy your own need for attention ask yourself how you strayed so far from the ministry of Christ...so far from the will and love of God? No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us. 1 John 4:12; If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen? 1 John 4:20
- and sowing discord among the brethren - this is one of the seven listed things which the Lord hates, review Proverbs 6:16-19. God created us in His image, we ought to bear some resembalance and carry some traits of our Father in heaven. In days like these we need to come together not to cause division - see Hebrews 10:23-25. Now is the time to provoke one another to good works.
Mr. Manning, it is my prayer that you receive this communication in the concern and Christian love in which it is written. I understand that ministers have a heart to see the people turn to God - redemption and salvation in Jesus Christ is essentially and eternally important. However, the message of ministers must be that God is pure and righteous; otherwise, we are not preachers of the gospel but pundits or gossips.
My prayer for all of them is that they will be one, just as you and I are one, Father-that just as you are in me and I am in you, so they will be in us, and the world will believe you sent me. John 17:21
Let us be about the ministry of reconciliation and equipping the believers to do the work of the church. As leaders we should lead the way in living according to the Word of God. As preachers we have a higher calling...let us live so God can use us and people can follow us as we follow Christ.
Moreover, preachers will be held accountable for misleading the sheep of God's pasture if we fail to feed them adequately or lead them appropriately.
Woe be unto the pastors that destroy and scatter the sheep of my pasture! saith the LORD. Jeremiah 23:1
Like all believers we will give an account for what we say.
But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. Matthew 12:36
Be careful not to be given to or overtaken by The Spirit Of Diotrephes.
How can you, Brother Manning and others identify this spirit?
- Those overtaken by this spirit engage in malicious gossip
- Overzealous and self-appointed leaders castigate those believers with whom they differ?
- The insatiable desire for preeminence that prompts leaders to reject biblical teachings concerning brotherly relations and to engage in malicious gossip, salacious attacks, and attention-seeking public escapades
Brother Manning there are many other confirmations that the spirit of Diotrephes is working through you...I have observed these three. However, the Holy Spirit is greater and you can yet be delivered by repenting in the name of Jesus Christ.
There is no need to respond to me, Mr. Manning. My prayer is that you examine yourself and line yourself up with the Word of God asking the Holy Spirit to reveal to you what you should do restore yourself. I shall be in prayer for you, as I am for all believers. We are all one Body and we are only whole when each part is whole. May the power of the Holy Spirit rest, rule, and revive you.
Pastor Kelly Oglesby
Peace and power are in Jesus Christ alone!
"Beware of false prophets who come disguised as harmless sheep, but are really wolves that will tear you apart. You can detect them by the way they act, just as you can identify a tree by its fruit. You don't pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles. A healthy tree produces good fruit, and an unhealthy tree produces bad fruit. A good tree can't produce bad fruit, and a bad tree can't produce good fruit. So every tree that does not produce good fruit is chopped down and thrown into the fire. Yes, the way to identify a tree or a person is by the kind of fruit that is produced. Matthew 7:15-20 NLT