Thursday, August 25, 2011

Bishop Eddie Long Accusers Plan to Write a Tell-All Book

bishop eddie long accusers plan to write a tell-all book

It appears that the accusers of Bishop Eddie Long are not going to remain silent about what happened to them.  Two of his accusers plan to write a tell-all book about their experience with Long, and the book is surely going to be a super seller.

The Bishop was accused of sexual coercion when a group of young men came forth claiming that he'd used his power to influence them into various sexual acts.  The case was later settled out of court, but many are questioning whether or not the Bishop was honest with his congregation when he said that he would eventually reveal the details of the situation.

WBST TV gives more details:

For the first time since they settled their case against Bishop Eddie Long, two of the young men who accused him of sexual abuse are speaking out.

Jamal Parris and Spencer LeGrande agreed to their first sit-down interview with Channel 2 investigative reporter Jodie Fleischer inside a Miami hotel late last week.

Parris and LeGrande and three other young men entered into a confidential settlement with Long and New Birth Missionary Baptist church three months ago.

By sitting down to talk with Fleischer, they risk losing that money, but said it's worth it because it's more important for everyone to know the truth.

"It's just not enough anymore. I thought I could cover the pain up. I thought I could move, start over and everything will go away. I was terribly wrong," Parris said.

Parris, 24, still bears the scars of abuse he says he suffered at the hands of Long. He is angry and emotional and wants Long to know what he's done to him.

"Before I used to look at you like you were the man. You ran everything, but now I got a voice. Like you got a voice," Parris said.

LeGrande wanted to follow his spiritual father's path and become a preacher. His strong faith in God has given him a sense of calm now.

"I was fatherless, and to have a man love me just for who I was, I didn't have to change myself, I just had to be me, I just had to love him back," he said.

SOURCE

No comments: