Wednesday, February 6, 2008

A Precious Diamond~Restored Hope





A Precious Diamond~Restored Hope

The Lord your God has made you as numerous as the stars!And may the Lord, the God of your ancestors, multiply you a thousand times more and bless you as he promised!

Deuteronomy 1:10, 11


I am not sure of the moment, but I distinctly remember glancing at my ring finger on New Year’s Day, adjusting the ring so the middle of the set was centered on my finger. It was apparent something was different, but it had not registered in my mind for just a moment that my stone had fallen out of the setting. My heart was broken and I really tried not to focus on this occurrence, because it was New Year’s Day and this day marked new beginnings with positive outcomes. When I returned home, this beloved engagement ring has been detached from my setting and placed in my jewelry box. For now I wear the band. I realize that I need to take it to the jewelers, contact my insurance company, but just haven’t had the energy to deal with all of that.As I applied my make up this morning and reflected on the delightful news from our dear friends in Buffalo, I began to smile and said out loud, “Lord I get it now!” Let me try to explain.
Several days ago my husband inquired if I had responded to our dear friends email? They reside in Buffalo, NY. I’d like to think they are a relatively young married couple, but I am not quite sure if they see it on those terms. Actually they have experienced quite a turbulent time in the latter years of their marriage. They lost a diamond as well; their precious young son died tragically in a severe accident. This wonderful couple, very active in ministry has endured heartache, yet they are pushing through the day to day adjustments of a new life encompassed with unspoken cycles of grieving and living through the multiplicities of a former and a present life. Yet there remains great hope even during sorrowful moments. The baby boy’s sonagram says it all! They’ve been blessed with the pregnancy and expectation of an addition to their family. This is a wonderful gift from God, yet another delightful son to nurture and love.I am singing in my heart for my brother and sister in Christ.

Oh my friends this devotional is short and sweet and the Holy Ghost has made it simply plain that we may loose precious jewels of loved ones in our midst, but we can be sure that in Christ there is no finality, no ending that that dictates all is finished. The story has yet to be told about our friend’s family circle. The scripture that a friend sent me really speaks for the Providence of God’s nature-
The Lord your God has made you as numerous as the stars!And may the Lord, the God of your ancestors, multiply you a thousand times more and bless you as he promised!
Deuteronomy 1:10, 11

Just as he has promised Moses, that too applies to our beloved friends, our friend’s friend’s and mine and your family circle of love! Certainly we will miss our loved ones, and never will attempt to explain away the hardship of our loss, but we can appreciate , remember and celebrate the life of our dear diamonds and live to tell the children that soon will be birthed, all about a joyful precious life and our restored hope in our Lord and Savior. I want to be there for the baby showers, birthdays and enjoy the family photos of our newest addition to the family.

For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.
I think I’ll make an appointment to see my jeweler. May God continue to bless and keep you on your journey!!!
Joyfully submitted by Linda Mose Meadows
Author of:
The Blessedness of Believing
A Devotional Journey of Life's Lessons and God's Promises







No comments: