Sunday, March 9, 2008

Just Believe!


But Moses protested again, "Look, they won't believe me! They won't do what I tell them.
They'll just say, `The LORD never appeared to you.' "Exodus 4:1

This morning’s inspirational reading delivered to me in an e-newsletter from Foundation for A Better Life blessed my soul. As I sat at my desk contemplating the day and scanning my electronic messages I couldn’t help but pause, reflect on the message and thank God! All the doubtful thoughts were under arrest, my thinking was changed. My spirit must have shouted, "About face! " The words that moved me and stirred my soul silently ushered me to mentally reverence the moment and the many acts of kindness that God had bestowed on me and my circle of loved ones. Lord knows that there's much to beleive Him for! And there it was right before my eyes!

What were the words you asked? What had I read?

“First thing every morning before you arise say out loud, 'I believe,' three times.”
—Norman Vincent Peale (1898-1993), author, preacher


Without hesitation I dropped my head and silently began to praise God! I wanted to cry tears of joy but knew I’d be a real mess and my work day attire and work appearance would be over. So I tried to hold it together. "No Lord, please no runny eye makeup, creating raccoon eyes and no runny noise, I have no tissue! "It was as though I was on tip toes, my heart and tear ducts would burst if I wasn’t careful. I tried to be still with my praise at work. "So far, so good !" I am sure that’s what I felt. But friends God was at work and I couldn’t control the flood of inward praise- a litany of praise rolled out of my heart and spilled from my lips! Joy was birthed! Praise declarations announced a stream of I Believe's:

God I do believe that you love me and your love rescues and restores us! Lord thank you!
God I do believe that my son and daughters will succeed and reach out to many others! Lord thank you!
God I do believe the best is yet to come and you hear our prayers! Lord thank you!
God I do believe that I have the heart to forgive! Lord thank you!
God I do believe we’ll make it through the sun and the rain! Lord, thank you!

For a moment friends embrace the belief that if you still your spirit, lift up a prayer of thanksgiving your outlook will invariably change! I am sure thatyour heart will be refreshed and elevated with excitement regarding the possibilities that can be manifested; if you have the heart to believe!

Finally, in your minds eye reflect on His abiding love, gifts of grace and mercy and watch God speak through your spirit and pronounce your beliefs! Just believe God, believe God for your very life, your spiritual sustenance, your real need!


Does your reverence for God give you no confidence?Shouldn't you believe that God will care for those who are upright?Job 4:6 (NIV)



Joyfully submitted by Linda Mose Meadows
Author of: The Blessedness of Believing
A Devotional Journey of Life's Lessons and God's Promises
http://www.blessednessofbelieving.blogspot.com/

No comments: