Monday, March 3, 2008

Whatever You Want Me to Give You








That night God appeared to Solomon in a dream and said, "What do you want? Ask, and I will give it to you!" 2Ch 1:7 (NIV)



I just couldn’t gather the momentum to do my morning dance in preparation for work; I was under the weather, tired, and drained. There was no push available – I realized I needed the rest. The body said, “Nope!” and I said, “Okay!” After awakening I realized that I needed some spiritual sustenance, it was the brunch needed. My spirit was saying:



Be still, and know that I [am] God: I will be exalted among the heathen,
I will be exalted in the earth Psa 46:10 (NIV)



This was a quite moment, a moment to be still and pray; reflect on not only my needs, but how sparse my prayer life had been in the midst of some really hectic and stressed filled days. My spiritual armor had some dings and dents and my hit and miss prayer life was missing the mark. Today I was glad I choose not to push myself and finally I awoke refreshed and knew before I did anything, I at least owed God his due praise, so I gathered my favorite study bible, prayer book and wouldn’t you know it as I read a prayer, and reread the prayer seeking Guidance and Wisdom there were two scripture references. God had made it really very easy for me and you today friends through the author of the prayer which referenced two scriptures 2 Chronicles 1 and Job 12. I never got to Job 12-I really appreciated 2 Chronicles and stopped there.

When I flipped open my bible there it was friends, notes I written some time ago about the importance of prayer-short clips that I must have written during a worship service or bible lesson that spoke to the importance of prayer. Some of my notes that were written read as: devout, reverent praise and adoration, submission, daily business of saints, voice reaching the ear of God, routine, laboring before God, birthed out of the spirit from your heart! Visible presence of God through the Holy Spirit, His Shekinah Glory! Oh friends my notes taken during a time I had long forgotten, blessed and reminded me what was missing in my fatigued state were God’s exact words and a healthier, more consistent prayer life!

And then as I read the scripture, it was evident that God was clearly speaking to me when I read of King Solomon’s prayer to God’s question in 2 Chronicles 1:7 WHATEVER YOU WANT ME TO GIVE YOU! My spirit said, “Hey, hey that’s God talking, he’s asking the question, He’s making the request! He’s honoring Solomon’s prayer!”

All I can say is quickly reference the scriptures and read them for your own edification! It’s right there folks. As I’ve heard the elders say, “It’s plain as day!” There’s no need to be down! We too can ask for good things from the Lord and be encouraged that He desires to give us the needed provisions for our lives. In our weary states we can hold fast to the knowledge that the good that God desires for us far out weighs all we can ask or think.

Come on and let’s get excited and rejoice that:

God desires to give us and future generations, the desires of our heart; His word confirms it!

God desires to bless us abundantly with providing for our needs; His word is clear!

God desires to impart His great knowledge and His Wisdom; He says so!

God desires that we follow and obey His command, we’ll be blessed: it’s real!

God desires that we persevere in faithfulness and be careful to walk in His ways as we possess wisdom & exceptional knowledge of His word!

Thank you Lord for reminding us today that whatever you want to give us, you certainly will, it’s available through prayer and your anointed Holy Spirit’s enlightenment.

So today wonderful Lord we can confidently tuck these words in our hearts as we pray in faith that you will answer with: “Whatever You Want Me to Give You!” Amen!


Joyfully submitted by Linda Mose Meadows
Author of: The Blessedness of Believing
A Devotional Journey of Life's Lessons and God's Promises
http://www.blessednessofbelieving.blogspot.com/

No comments: